Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Recap

It's been one busy weekend. Saturday, I had a much needed hair appointment at which I seriously thought I would go into labor but I didn't. I came home and put my feet up and felt better. Ry took care of dropping and picking D up from Polish school. After Polish school my sister and family took D out to lunch and a trip to Toys R Us to pick out toys when he becomes a big brother. Of course he came out of there with an extra toy that he got to keep right away. Another garbage truck.
Ry and I enjoyed food shopping alone and possibly had our last private late lunch together, just the two of us. It was so lovely to talk without hearing "mommy, mommy, mommy" twenty times during a meal. Heaven.
At night we ordered pizza, popped popcorn and watched Madagascar 3. I went on a cooking strike this weekend and I'm sure the scale will show. :)
Sunday, after church D and I had a birthday party to attend to where he enjoyed bouncing and I enjoyed some girl talk.
After the party, we met daddy half way to the pumpkin farm and then never made it there. About 2 miles away from the farm there was such back-up that we moved 1/4 of a mile in 30 minutes. After about 45 minutes and no end in sight we high tailed it out of there. Daniel claimed "I don't need a pumpkin, I already got one at the other farm", God he is our son. While Ry took D to the park I got pumpkins at the best farm...The Home Depot. We even had time for a photo shoot before our carving began.
It was the best decision and no one was disappointed.
D supervised with a water gun while daddy gutted and carved away a masterpiece.
"Yup, looks good"
He was distracted with his scooter.
Weights
Dancing
Chowing down dinner. He requested we eat outside. It was great shoving Portillo's down in the fresh air.
OH yeah, he liked the finished product. Great job daddy.
Lightning McQueen! KACHOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment