Monday, May 16, 2011

In a blink

It seems like over night our Daniel is turning into a big boy. The things he says, make us look at each other and smile and tear up.
The other night he sang the entire Twinkle, Twinkle little star song, says "that's amazing mommy" when he's impressed with something, asked me "whatcha ya got there mommy?" when he saw something in my hand and didn't know what it was.
Some things are subtle and some things just take us by surprise. I have delayed switching D into a big boy bed for quite some time but have recently realized that I need to cut the cord. Also, the fact that lifting 40lbs of pure love is killer on our backs.
We purchased a mattress for D and we will be putting his full size big boy bed together sometime this week. (Sniff).
To prepare myself for the transition I needed to tackle the one other thing that made him a baby. His changing table. I still use it but mostly we get him dressed in his bathroom or our bedroom. I saw this neat frame project on another blog and had to do it.
I used an old mirror. I took the mirror out. Spray painted the frame. Distressed it a little bit. Installed chicken wire and hung up some pictures using small clothes pins.
The whole thing cost me $6.
No more changing table.
I ordered a book shelf for him as well.

I'm ready, I really am. I will tear up and take a bunch of pictures of him in his new bed and that will make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment