Friday, February 12, 2010

I, I will survive....

Is the song of the week for me!
I was informed by the village today that the rental is officially being considered "uninhabitable"!!! SCORE! I finally feel someone is getting what they deserve.
Rest in peace "Purple Monster", rest in peace.
If the landlord thought she would be saving money by telling us to move out she's got another thing coming. The village guy and I are now friends. Beat that! She'll have numerous violations and will need to pay for each day things go unfixed.
We're going to look at a couple of rentals this weekend and a couple of homes. Not much to choose from when you need a short term lease as far as rentals but we have a lead.
My wonderful in-laws are watching D tomorrow night so Ry and I can go to dinner and a movie. I hope things work out tomorrow so that we can do that. With my luck lately you just never know.
I hope the weekend will be the start of a new beginning AGAIN.

We also decided not to throw D a birthday party that he won't remember but instead go away for the weekend to a water park. I just talked to the birthday coordinator at the hotel and arranged to have decorations in our room. I think with everything we've been through I deserve to get a break, D deserves to splash around and have his parent's undivided attention and Ry deserves not to hear me get anal about details of a party. We'll make his b-day special no matter where we are. I was so excited to book the hotel and not have to worry about a party that I felt guilty. It didn't last too long. ha ha.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Obviously, your landlord does not know who she is dealing with! Ha! Good luck, sister.

    And great idea for the birthday. I may have to steal that one.

    Have a wonderful V-Day! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear this horror story is soon coming to an end! You have really been put through the ringer on this, but as Laura said - they don't know who they are dealing with!

    Have a great time away for Daniel's bday! And happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete