Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm exhausted

Today was the start of Daniel's speech playgroup.
We got up early, I took half a day off, packed his bag with his breakfast (to be fed in the car), water, diapers, etc and we were ready to make the long trip to Lake Barrington. The ride felt like forever but finally after 45 minutes we finally arrived. It started off really well with Daniel playing with another boy in the waiting room with a house and a school bus BUT it was short lived as soon as 4 therapists (speech and occupational) opened the door to "the room".
There were 4 boys all together (all boys, shocker, isn't it?) and 4 therapists (1 speech, 3 occupational (one of which was a student)).
Once he was in that room it was all over, he wanted nothing to do with any activities, well, one activity he did really well in.....snack time! He whined and bolted for the door numerous times. I stayed in there and kept leaving to see how he would do and every time he noticed I was gone he would call for me. They all tried their best but he is a hefty little kid so it took my mean muscles to control him. It was funny because one of the therapists said "he's probably the best we've seen in a first session". WOW!
Anyways, I'm debating if we should continue the sessions since the drive is so long or whether we should just add a private session for him during the week. He was only there for speech so the other stuff just bored him.
After all that, I had to go to work, then after work I dropped off the deposit for our new rental. It's a town home with 2 bedrooms, a loft, 2 and 1/2 bath and an attached 2 car garage with a basement. It's in great shape and we hope it all works out until we find a house.
I'm just exhausted today so don't ask me why I'm updating the blog, it's a stress reliever, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment