Thursday, December 22, 2011

We're getting ready

We baked our first batch of XMas cookies today. Nestle Toll House has new sugar cookies for XMas. They have a Santa, XMas tree, snowman and snowgirl shapes all precut. They are super cute and easy to make. I didn't take any pictures but when Daniel requested the Santa cookie and didn't want to bite his head off I couldn't miss a second of it to grab the camera. He was eating around it until only his head was left. He looked at me, thought for a second and bit his head off. Only the beard remained of the jolly guy, it too was swallowed without much thought.
I went food shopping at 9pm today, closed the place down but I know I'll be glad tomorrow when I'm in my warm kitchen baking cookies and having fun while the stores around me are insane.
I also got all my present wrapping done. That one was easy considering we only bought for Daniel and my in-laws. My niece and nephew request cold hard cash, EASY! I'm blessed, I know.

On a sadder note, we found out our baby needs his adenoids removed. He's been on 3 rounds of antibiotics for sinus infections and it's not going away. He has a history of sinus infections and strep. He had a CT scan on Monday and it revealed that his adenoids are 60% bigger than they should be. It explains the constant congestion. His tonsils look extremely big but the Dr. will make the decision while he's "in" if they need to be taken out. The surgery is scheduled for January 4th, I will be nervous but I also know so many kids that have had it removed and all the parents tell me how much happier they are. We want to make him comfortable and get him off so many antibiotics.
Next week we'll try to get out of the house and make it special for him before his surgery.
I'm sure all the new gifts he'll get will keep him busy until then.

On another note I'm obsessed with the show Mad Men, I got it on Neflix and love watching it. I'm a few seasons behind so it's nice to know I have something waiting for me when all the shows on tv are on hiatus. Ry is obsessed with a show called Dexter. He watches it on his iPad as I watch my show on TV. Yes, 7 years of marriage and you can do things like that.
Off to catch some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment