Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Update

This weekend was the start of more germs spreading throughout our home. This time the victim would be ....ME!
It started with a sore throat last week and ended with a full blown sinus infection by Monday morning. With the heat index in the 90s and humidity high enough to make MY hair frizz like crazy I was miserable.
We had to carry on, Saturday we had errands to run: order new baseboards, new stair case, pick out some colors for the house, get signatures notarized at the bank and be hassled by a saleswoman that wanted us to invest our money. Doesn't she know the money she's looking at will be gone by next week. If she didn't she does now.
By Sunday only Steak n Shake and Dairy Queen made this sick girl feel better. I couldn't breathe, even 5 minutes outside made me cranky.
A trip to Target made my day when D picked out his first set of matchbox cars with his first carrying case. He lugged that box of cars all the way to the register. It was too cute. He woke up this morning saying "Ca" for "Cars". He is obsessed. He has tons of matchbox cars already as Ry has gotten him at least 2 every paycheck but something about picking his own box of cars out made this kid's eyes just sparkle. He plays with them non stop.
Got money for that, kid?I tried to make myself feel better with some chili.
Towards the end of Sunday I pretty much let D just run around in the driveway throwing his ball around as I sat in our deck chair (yes we are storing a few things in our garage).
We tried to fly the kite Grandma M got us but failed miserably as I pathetically tried to run with it and only ran like 10 feet.
We continued to just chill until I couldn't breath anymore and went inside to be crabby. The boys continued on...

A quick trip to a Walgreens clinic, and a dose of antibiotics made this girl feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment