Monday, May 10, 2010

Proud

Mother's Day was beautiful, special, one of a kind, a SUPER day.
I was proud when my hubby and D went out early in the morning to pick up breakfast and flowers and surprised me in bed and my baby didn't care that mommy looked like hell because all he wanted to do was climb in next to me and play "where did it go?". Our clock displays the time on the ceiling when a button is pressed. D loves this game and we just laid there and laughed at red numbers that displayed above us like magic.
I was proud to spend the morning with two incredible women that know me better than anyone and catch up over pancakes and coffee.
I was proud to see 3 generations of women that are strong and would do anything for each other.
I was proud that this Mother's Day and the past 2 I got to hold someone that made me feel special on this extraordinary day.
I was proud that my baby behaved so well over breakfast and took a good nap. It's the little things.
I was proud that my sweet pea was the rock star of the night. Singing, dancing and having a blast with the band. The band sang him twinkle twinkle little star, I love you, you love me. They were on a first name basis with D. When he saw me coming to get him off the stage he would run and the crowd LOVED it. I don't know where he gets it from but the cameras were flashing.


I was proud when he paused long enough to take a picture with his mama.
I was proud when every person that passed by said "he's so cute" and he would just flirt with all the ladies.

I was proud to spend the afternoon with an amazing woman, mother and the best grandma a boy could ever ask for.
I was proud to be a mom, daughter, sister, Godmother and daughter-in-law on Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment