Sunday, November 29, 2009

A new door opens

We made it!!
We successfully moved a 3 bedroom, 2 and 1/2 bath home, with a basement, shed and lots of storage into a 2 bedroom 2 bath, no basement, one car garage rental in under 4 hours!
Last week is already a blur to me but I do remember on Wednesday my sitter and I hauling soo many things into the rental that I thought my arms were going to fall off.
I was sick on Thanksgiving day and it remains a mystery if it was allergies or if my mom's secret syrup (pickle juice, garlic, onion, etc.) cured me but I was all better by Friday to move more things with R and Saturday to supervise for the big move.
Thursday we wanted to forget about the move and enjoy the holiday. The day started with watching the Macy's Parade. Daniel enjoyed the Yo Gabba Gabba characters singing and dancing.
After a quick visit from Grandma and Grandpa M we were off to my mom's for dinner. Before we left we tried to take some pics in our old house but making a 19 month old smile and cooperate is a battle.

Our last family picture at our old house.

We stuffed our faces with a very delicious turkey.
This child ate so much I thought he was going to explode. He ate EVERYTHING on the menu including the stuffing.
but he worked off the calories chasing after my sister's dog. I see a puppy in his future. He just squeals with delight as soon as he sees him. Kuba loves chasing after D too and licking his ears.
Can you tell that his two older cousins just love the company of a toddler?
Saturday the move went well. No tears were shed. The house is ready for the new home owners. I bought the couple a congrats card and left them a bottle of champagne. I couldn't help myself especially since they will be walking into a house with a broken dishwasher AND oven! The good person that I am I turned on the self clean cycle on the oven and the darn digital display must have melted away because everything shut down and the door remains closed. Thank God for home owners insurance that we purchased. Again being the good person I am we will pay the deductible of $75 and hope it will be fixed for them.
The movers were worth every penny and we loved them and are planning to hire them again for our "real" move. We also loved them because they smelled the gas leak we discovered right outside our window. Nicor came out quickly and fixed it. Never a dull moment!
Daniel is enjoying the new house. He hasn't really played with any of his toys because he is just fascinated by the new rooms and features of the house such as the...
old laundry basket he pushes all around the house. He does lock himself constantly in the bathrooms and then yells for help.
I wanted to make sure to decorate his new room as close as possible to the old room.
Pretty good, huh?
Our new living room
and kitchen
Can you tell we've been eating a lot of take out? The other rooms are in no shape to take pics of, the garage is packed to the ceiling and door but we hope it's all worth it in the end.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
We are on a search for our new home and hope next year we'll have a family picture in our new house and a bird on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment