Sunday, July 7, 2013

Weekend

With Michael still in recovery we laid low this weekend, as low as you can with two kids.
Friday, the swimming class. It's a slow process for Daniel to get to just move his hips and not his entire body. He moves like a robot. His teacher was much better this time so we'll see how it all goes.
Saturday, mama had a hair appt and I feel so much better, likely because I went blonder, and you know what they say...
The boys chilled with hubby and he did a great job with them. In the evening Daniel and Ry watched Despicable Me while I ran out to my cousin's house for a bday get together.
This is the only way I can get anything done around here.
When the house seems too big to control the chaos, stick the boys in a 2x4 playpen and enjoy the silence
 

Then Sunday, I remembered plopping Daniel down with a bunch of toys all around him and did the same with Michael. Again, SCORE! 20 minutes of bliss. This is Daniel at 8 months!!! He was much bigger. Above is Michael. All the toys that you see are out being enjoyed the second time around. Michael chews on more so I have a feeling that more will be garbage this time around.
You can't see the caption, but look at Michael's face. "Whachya talkin' bout Willis?!, you mean you drooled over all this crap before me?!"
We've waited a while to bring out the slip n slide.
My nephew joined
 Daniel layed on the couch for like an hour numb from exhaustion.
I made an awesome dessert courtesy of my favorite recipe blog skinnytaste.com. The recipe called for skewers but I made things easier and just gave everyone a bowl.
Yes, someone had some too.
Every time daddy didn't move fast enough. He would look back and just look at daddy pitifully. Worked like a charm. If you are wondering why my husband looks like he is Tony Soprano, it's his shirt (or lack of) of choice around the house in the summer.

Amazing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment