Monday, July 1, 2013

Weekend Post

Not much going on here except the usual weekend craze.
Friday night Daniel had swimming and we all decided to go watch. Let's say my arms were aching from changing Michael's position in the small chair I was sitting in behind the glass. Daddy went to watch Daniel up close. We're not sure what happened but the teacher claims he lost his confidence because he just started to cry. We asked him why and it seems now that he actually has to swim towards the teacher in the deep water he got a little scared. After our big speech in the car about trying hard and his fears will go away and it's OK to be scared sometimes but if he keeps trying he will learn how to swim in the deep end and blah blah blah. He's fine, daddy was on the edge of his seat. I think we'll go back to mommy going to swim class and daddy staying at home on Friday nights. He does better (or so I'm told) in his Saturday sports class. Not sure I believe that. Mommy will get swimming and daddy will get sports. :)
I hate moments like that, the ones that I know he's scared (hell I suck at swimming so who am I to judge), I want to run and and take him out of that class, I want to tell that young teacher that her rough approach is not the right approach for my sensitive guy BUT I know I need to back off because this will be the norm. He needs to know how to deal with tough teachers that don't say "you're so good, you're doing great" at every single class. I also don't want him to get discouraged and not want to go. It's a fine line...
Friday night a friend of mine and I went for a walk around our neighborhood with coffee cups in hand...filled with wine. We got excercise all right, along with 1000 mosquito bites.
Saturday, was the typical weekend craze. Ry and D went to his sports class while I stayed and cleaned, fed and played with baby.
Saturday night was my nephew's championship game. They lost and Daniel and Ry came home cold and at 10pm! Michael has a cold so we stayed back and marinated steaks.
I went through my phone pictures and realized there were quite a few dating a while back.
Check this newborn out....holy cow! My mom says he looks like a hampster. Yes, I do see the resemblance. He was tiny. Why do newborns look huge in pictures?!
We also went weekend warrior on our house. Ryan power washed the back, I washed the windows, we trimmed a tree, organized ONE part of the garage (not to be confused with THE garage). We lifted our grill onto our deck and can now officially grill while standing in the kitchen. Life is good.
As we were trimming the tree and branches were falling, there was Daniel, laying on the grass with his helmet on looking up at the sky, with one leg over the other. No, he's not into physical labor. The boy will be a Dr. although today he claimed he wanted to be a clone trooper when he grew up.
Speaking of...
Everytime my sister comes over Daniel locks himself in the room and surprises her with this when he comes out...
"This is not a clone trooper, it's Commander Cody mommy"
 
We love our neighbors :) My niece.
We had awesome steaks for dinner on Sunday and went to Menchies for dessert. You pay by the ounce and daddy went a little nuts with his toppings because his ice cream cost $6! LOL.

This was Daniel's and mine second visit
Baby had none, he's feeling a little under the weather.
 That was our exciting weekend! We have a few things planned for the next few weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment