Monday, July 15, 2013

The Beach

We spent our Sunday at the beach after a quick photo shoot. The boys did good considering the sun was bright as hell and it got warm quickly. We survived it. At the end of it all I could have cared less about our outfits, which changed 48 hours before the photo shoot because I was informed the colors we initially had (aqua) would blend in too much with the water. So, on Friday night at 10pm I was at the store trying on dresses and the one great thing that followed that was me sitting in a drive through of a McDonald's waiting for a $1 burger and an ice cream cone. I didn't even care if I gained 3lbs right before the pictures. It was well deserved after an ordeal to dress a family of 4! I thought we looked cute. I didn't even bust out my camera to try to get my own shots. I left it all to the photographer and warned her with a simple "please edit a lot". I will share if there is anything worthy of sharing.
My son, the foreman, do you see those laborers he's bossing around. He walked around and said "guys the water is not flowing, you need to do (insert command here)" he didn't lay a finger on anything just walked around inspecting. Ry had to have a little talk with him after we heard him say "yeah that's a good job guys". We were cracking up but had to tell him that we don't boss other kids around. The angle was not wide enough to show a total of 15 kids digging and one 5 year old enjoying the fruit of his bossiness.
"I don't want to get dirty" he protested.
The kids were kissed by the sun and exhausted. I think I got some much needed vitamin D because I had so much energy when I got home I did laundry and turned the house upside down, in a good way. I'm paying for it today for sure. Ok, on to watching Homeland with my hubby, who got me addicted to the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment