Wednesday, December 2, 2009

just a few complaints

For the past several days I have been dealing with the landlord from hell. It started with arguing with her that 2 old toilets and a bunch of construction garbage left in the back yard is NOT OK, continued with trying to convince her that a gas leak is a big deal and ending with screaming at her that having heat is a necessity even without a child.
Our heat went out and finally was fixed by my brother in law at 10pm. That is of course AFTER the landlord (now known as "she devil") sent her handyman, who showed up with a couple of screws in a jewel bag. I knew I was in trouble when he arrived 2 hours late with a s/he assistant, who stood there and smiled for no apparent reason.
To add to the drama of the story the morons that rehabbed this house put the furnace in the attic, which in a normal attic wouldn't be a big deal but this attic is the size of a tiny closet for a person that is 4ft tall. I called another company and after the 6.1 ft tall and about 300lbs guy saw where he would need to squeeze into he kindly apologized, laughed and LEFT. This left me no choice but to ask for a favor AGAIN. After a couple of hours and some acrobatic moves to get in and out of the space my brother in law was a hero. Thank goodness Daniel spent the entire day at his grandparents warm house and I took a day off of work and was under the covers cursing to everyone that would listen.
Some other issues we're dealing with at the same time (I need to get it off my chest)
  1. The dishwasher and stove at our old house broke after closing and now the insurance company thinks it broke before closing and refuses to pay for anything. Tell me how can they prove it broke BEFORE closing?! Do they have a crystal ball that looks in the past? I think I would know that the stove broke the day before moving because the foul language that came out of my mouth had everyone impressed the following day.
  2. Our big screen TV in the family room is busted. We ordered the lamp and installed it and still nothing. The biggest insult is when we took out the old bulb we realized the last time we had someone come out to change it they cheated us and installed a smaller and cheaper bulb that gave out a year later. I'll be calling and complaining tomorrow about that.
  3. Our cable transfer was a complete disaster. We had 2 people here to get it done right and were told our bill would reflect a credit for our troubles. I had a $200 surprise waiting for me in an envelope yesterday with no credit anywhere in the fine print.
  4. The old toilets and trash is still in the back yard and today I refused to call anyone to complain about even further, instead my fingers did some typing of a nasty letter that will be sent as evidence.
On to some fun stuff...since we don't have a tub in the house I was very concerned about Daniel hating the shower and would have to resort to buying one of those euro tubs. To my surprise he loves it! Here he is having a blast in the shower!


I think he knows mommy is about to have a nervous breakdown and he's being such a good sport about everything. I can't believe in 4 months he will be 2 years old!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment