Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend recap in words

Our camera is still acting funky so I didn't even bother with any pics this weekend. Saturday we got a new washer delivered only to find the parts frozen. We had to wait an entire day to do laundry with a space heater in front of the washer only to find out there is a pipe that is broken somewhere under the house because water started seeping under the toilet in the hallway, water was also coming out under the baseboards. The shower wasn't draining water and Ryan had water up to his ankles. Another call to the landlord left me drained and exhausted. With cold weather coming again it didn't sound good when the landlord asked me "who should I call?' Another day at the "purple lady" and dealing with "she devil".
Saturday we did some house hunting and left hopeful that spring will bring better inventory than what we're seeing now. R and I both agree we should have looked more seriously when we put our house for sale. Thanks to my mom, Daniel's laundry was done and Ryan's laundry was done by his mom. My laundry, well, it's coming along.
We ventured out to see "candy lane street" that Ryan claimed was 5-10 minutes away from our house. He proclaimed this street decorated the homes so beautifully that Daniel would be so impressed and told me "you want lights, I'll show you lights". We knew something didn't look right when the streets were dark and only a few homes were decorated. R searched on the Internet what happened to the street and realized that things change after 10 years. Did I mention I told him 5 times to make sure this place was still around? MEN!
Sunday, church was canceled 5 minutes before we left because I was nervous about the water.
Later, Daniel took a 3 and 1/2 hour nap while I met my mom, sister and niece for coffee and some good old girl talk. R relaxed and watched football. We had dinner later and just spent some family time together. It was nice. This coming weekend Santa is on the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment