Thursday, December 10, 2009

Some cheer

There is nothing like the holidays to bring some cheer into a home. This past month has been extremely stressful and downright draining on me but with the help of an elf (mom in law) and one box of X-Mas decorations found amidst the chaos in the garage, X-Mas is here!
I realized one box of decorations out of the 10 that I had is enough to bring the magic of the holidays inside the not so homey rental we have. Everyone says family is what matters this time of year and giving is better than receiving, yes that is all true but there is something about a lit tree and some greenery that made me feel warm inside, a warmth I haven't felt in quite some time. Of course the heat being out multiple times didn't help with that. :)

Our small, ornament less but still special tree, reminds me we don't need expensive ornaments to have a gorgeous background for family pictures, even if Daniel's stocking takes up half the tree. :)
Our wreath on the door, teaches me that PEACE is so important, especially when I've been screaming at a landlord daily. :)
Our table center piece, reminds me to be thankful that we have food and a roof over our head, even if that roof is unstable and may cave at any moment. :)
Daniel's advent calendar, reminds me that days go by way too quickly as I watch him grow up in front of my eyes, and that sometimes it's OK to forget the dishes in the sink and just have a tickle fight on the floor. :)
This small house, we got it for our first X-Mas in our old home, reminds me that home is where your family is, even if that home is temporary and is falling apart.
Family keeps it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment