Monday, July 30, 2012

weekend

Friday, I took off of work and took D to the zoo with my friend and her kids. It was a rough start to our day. Let's just say that we were 2 exhausted mama's at the end of the 4 hour trip.
He wasn't crazy about the sound coming out of this bug.
Our 3 little terrors.
IT WAS HOT inside the dolphin show.
The cool down was worth the sanity
That's a real penguin behind him.
 In the evening I went out with my friends, a well deserved adult conversation after the day I had. D stayed home with daddy and went on an ice cream trip. Saturday after eye Dr. appts we went to our city's block party. Everything we needed for Daniel to have fun was FREE. He had a blast. Summers get so expensive with keeping kids entertained so we appreciated our tax $$$ being used to keep our outings cheaper.
Doesn't he look like the Jerry McGuire kid? HA! The Dr. is seeing signs of nearsightedness already (he's doomed because mommy and daddy are both blind). We are trying to take preventative measures and so Daniel will wear temporary glasses for 3 months 4 hours a day and we'll see if that will stall his progression to need real glasses.
Sunday, we went to church and then blasted out for a couple of hours to Pirate's Cove. It was warm. I stayed in the cooling zone a while and was done after about an hour. My belly has grown but my patience hasn't.
That was our weekend! Both Ry and I have realized we need to look at cribs but considering the kitchen remodel hasn't started I think we are OK. The thought of going through bins and bins of stuff in the basement makes me excited but also overwhelmed. I figure we'll take it in steps, first identify the bins, leave them sitting there for 3-4 weeks and then actually open them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment