Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend craze recap

I'm exhausted and will keep it short as it's 7:20pm on Sunday and finally I'm sitting down.
My crazy weekend started obviously yesterday but for me a trip to look at granite was a must. What I failed to remember is the warehouse that they keep all the slabs of granite in is NOT air conditioned. We debated if Ry and Daniel should come but decided against it. Smart move as kids under 12 were not allowed in the ware house. It was so darn hot I had to come back in, get water and then go back in.
Rows of granite just waiting to be bought.

I have a few choices that left me pretty satisfied that the first trip was off to a good start. What was not off to a good start is when I heard from the lady there and my fabricator the words I did not want to hear "you have expensive taste, all the ones you picked are expensive ESPECIALLY your favorite one". OF COURSE! How did I ever doubt my expensive and exotic taste in granite.
So here are some choices:
Antico Bianca
Lennon
Vintage
White Ice
White Macaubas
I have my 2 favorite, one of which is the most expensive. I at least feel better that I have choices. Once I narrow down to the 2 I will drag Ry along to help with the decision.
Later in the day we went food shopping, bike rides, tour of vintage cars in our town and ice cream followed by some bowling in the basement with daddy and my nephew while my sister and I visited and talked about granite.
Sunday started off with a plan to hit a beach. We hmmm I packed everything possible that we would need. My nephew joined us. We arrived at our destination with only a couple of detours to find out that swimming was banned because of extremely high levels of bacteria. We called another beach close by and sure enough the same story. Daniel looked at the beach and said "wow that's a big pool". We were not going to go home so we high tailed it to our old neighborhood and went to the water-park. We had a great time. Such a great time that the entire pool heard Daniel screaming when it was time to leave. A few breakdowns continued at home. This led to a conversation between Ry and I about discipline over dinner, after all that we were exhausted, we pretty much collapsed and watched CARS for the 100th time.
No pictures from the pool as some weird things were happening with my camera except this quick video. It was so cold when we got there we were all shivering but then it warmed up.
 At least the failure of the camera was just at the pool, if we made it to the beach there may have been tears or a tantrum.
There you have it, our exciting weekend with some mundane missing details.

No comments:

Post a Comment