Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend recap

I've been in a heat slump since Friday. I'm worn out, tired, hot and just want to lay around all day. Friday, I decided to take a half day off and visit a friend of mine, Sara. She had her baby 2 months ago, he is so stinkin cute, smells sweet and was a good little boy during my entire visit. I'm so ready for a little one at home.
After my visit I ran errands before picking up D from summer school.
Saturday, we dropped D off at my mom's and went to look at our final choices of granite. Of course there was a slab there that we both loved which I didn't see before. It was on hold and now on back order for any more. Additional slabs are in Brazil! We met a nice man that works with our fabricator and he told us since the work hasn't even begun to wait and come back because slabs continuously come in. No problemo. We looked at tile and agreed on the overall look. We had lunch at my mom's and then went to Party Time Palace with D to get him worn out so he would take a nap. He was exhausted and we were very happy. So happy we all took naps. Sunday, we went to church. I promised D if he was good I would take him to the pool. I had to keep my promise. Ry stayed home as he had stomach issues from overindulging on snacks.    :( D and I had a blast. Unfortunately, I couldn't take pictures because I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Both D and I collapsed when we got home while watching the Goonies.
D woke up in a crabby mood, it took an hour for him to eat dinner and then we high tailed it to get ice cream. Within 5 minutes of the sugar hitting his system he was a different kid. A trip to the park was needed to burn off that sugar and to get him tired again. A trip to the park at 7:45pm is quite nice, much cooler and everyone's patience is better. So, that was our weekend. Lots of little things going on. I'm not ready for this week. I'm looking forward to having this Friday off!

No comments:

Post a Comment