Friday, June 18, 2010

Ayyyy Caramba!

So, yesterday I visited Home Depot twice and Lowe's once. There is nothing worse about a renovation than the million trips you have to make to get all the supplies. Earlier this week I went to Home Depot 3 times, Menards twice and Lowe's once....looking for tiles and a vanity.
Oh I found the tiles I really liked at the Tile Shop but for $5 a square foot I would have liked to put my foot up their corporate you know what.

I found tiles at Home Depot that are just as nice for $2 and added the tile baseboards to my order, thank you very much.
We took D's "house" to the new house, where Ryan painstakingly power washed the heck out of it. It is so nice and clean, although with the thunderstorms we've had who knows what it looks like now. I wish I took before and after pics of our patio because after Ry was done power washing it looks soooooo much better. He claims he loves power washing and started going a little nutty in our back yard. I think it was just a way to get the heck out of the house. The floors have been sanded and the new railing is up (no spindles yet). They will be stained tomorrow so look for pics on Monday of the progress.

D and Ry got a head start on Father's Day as they enjoyed getting their hair cuts together today. Only one of them came out with a balloon but daddy got a sucker. If you notice any red dots on him, it's because he has been chewed by mosquitos for the past several days. Armed with bug spray and anti itch cream today, things looked better.
More work tomorrow and Sunday we get off not because it's Father's Day (although a wonderful reason) but because we have to wait for the stain to dry. After 8 samples of stain I have picked the winner. 75% cherry and 25% early American. Sounds just like me. Haha.
Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment