Saturday, June 16, 2012

Polish school

This summer we decided to put Daniel in a Polish summer school. He calls it "Pani Yola's house" since it's a home school and the teacher's name is Yola. He has only been there 2 weeks but we are seeing some progress in his Polish.
Friday, was his first performance.
It was 45 minutes long. I cropped as much as I could but the kids were too darn cute.
The kids were dying at the end. There were some tears shed and of course the famous running off the stage also happened. None of which were by Daniel, thank you very much. He did GREAT considering he doesn't understand everything and was only there 2 weeks to learn the songs. The girls were fighting over hair pins and one took her musical instrument so there was a breakdown. I just laughed my little heart out. The boys did the best. The older boy is the assistant's son and was embarrassed throughout the whole thing being dragged into it.
I just loved it.
Personally, they could have done 4 songs and called it a day. It was hot and 5:00pm and they were ready to go home. They were rewarded with pizza, donuts and tons of fun in the back yard afterwards. Oh yes, baby and I enjoyed some pizza and dessert as well.
I'm super proud of my little Polish boy and see some Saturday morning Polish school in his future. I'm pushing myself to speak more to him but I struggle to remember.
Enjoy the lengthy video.



No comments:

Post a Comment