Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Our little fish

Daniel started swimming lessons on Tuesday. He did great for his first time. It was only 3 kids for one teacher so a good ratio. He had two older girls in his class and gosh there is a major behavioral difference in a typical boy vs. girl. He was doing all sorts of plane sounds and crashing his hands into the water. His butt couldn't stay still on the step and let's say his attention span was only good when the teacher needed him to do something. He didn't care about paying attention to his classmates.
After class when I said "Daniel you need to listen to the teacher and look at your friends and what they are doing not play around"
His response, "Mommy I was listening to the teacher carefully (long pause), OK I was playing just a little bit". HA!
We love the facility we signed him at, brand new, clean and great instructors. I was behind the glass so the pictures turned out a little blurry. Next week Ry will go with us so I will be on the pool deck and can do a video. 
Waiting for class to begin.
 
Class begins

Laying down
Practicing jumping into the pool and getting out

Arms to the side


Swimming with the teacher
At the end he said "Let's go to another pool". I think he liked it. Our little fish.
Speaking of fish, our Beta fish "Blue" died a week ago. Daniel knows that Blue went to swim with Nemo in the ocean and is much happier. He honestly hasn't even mentioned the darn thing once! He is so not an animal person, like his mommy! At least I hope he swims better than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment