Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dad's day

Our Father's Day was busy, with plenty of food and family time, just as it should be.
We started off the day with breakfast with the Marron's and ended it with my side. We laughed about Daniel's sense of humor, made sure everyone knows we don't have baby names yet despite Daniel's announcement that it should be "goo goo ga ga", moaned about the hot weather, discussed remodels, rubbed our bellies full of good food and just enjoyed each other's company. I love that Daniel is experiencing these holidays always with family just a short ride away.
I love that even though his cousins are much older they play with him and genuinely love on him. They make him repeat funny things and crack up at him. My sister asks him for kisses every 5 minutes. If he doesn't kiss her she fake cries and he goes "alright, alright, already", cuz he's sensitive like that. :)
I love that my mom's back yard door slams every 2 minutes with the kids running in and out or someone bringing bbqed food inside. This year baby bunnies were born in my mom's yard, right by my old window. Daniel saw them and said "awww they are so cute".
Thank God it wasn't like last year when my dad found the heads of 5 baby bunnies. His story is that it was a cat, Ryan being a cat lover wants evidence (perhaps a photo) of the cat actually ripping their heads off. Being the great gardener that my dad is, he dug a whole and stuck the heads in it. We all mentioned his roses looked great this year ;)
Daddy is his favorite person now. He loves playing with daddy. I've taken a back seat.
 
3 generations of Marron men.
 
We celebrated a 16th birthday, 18th Anniversary and a graduation
I just got depressed looking at this picture. This just inspired me to tone it down on the chocolate. I wasn't cute and preggo with the first one so I don't know why I expected a miracle this time around.
It was a great day to celebrate the wonderful men in my life especially the best daddy I could ask for my little nuggets.

No comments:

Post a Comment