Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Let the count down begin

We have less than two weeks before we leave for our first family vacation to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
For the next few days my closets, drawers will be turned inside out to find the appropriate pool, breakfast, lunch, dinner, beach, just in case outfits for all three Marrons.
I have started a to-do/buy list that is getting out of control.
The biggest struggle I have had since I started shopping for clothes for this trip is Ryan trying on anything that I buy for him. I hear "it'll fit" for every piece of clothing I pull out of a bag. I finally had to beg for him to give me 20 minutes of his time to try things on. I got my satisfaction when I got to say "I told you to try it on 3 weeks ago when I bought it" when 2 out of the 3 swimming trunks I bought did not fit. Now I can officially do my "Told you so, told you so, to-to-to-told you so" dance.
Here is what the men in my life do as I run around wild.
Here is what my basement looks like as I start piling up our goodies
I think we may need more of these for our pasty skin. Daniel broke out in a rash from the famous pink Coppertone lotion. I guess the little girl with her bare bottom and dog pulling on her undies was no match for my sensitive little guy. We'll be testing Aveeno before the trip. He enjoyed being delirious from Benadryl yesterday though, I'm sure Grandma enjoyed the extra hour long nap after a dose as well. We have found that California Baby products work the best. My friend Laura recommended it and although on the more expensive side Daniel has never broken out. I have recommended their product line to all new moms. Of course I was trying to be cheap when I bought the Coppertone lotion and it backfired.
I think the best investment thus far is in this bottle. We never leave home without it

No comments:

Post a Comment