Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Happenings!

Where do I start on this update?
Our weekend was pretty busy, starting with another first for Daniel on Friday, A CONCERT!
Not just any concert, Ralph's World concert to be exact. Daniel LOVES Ralph's World DVDs and CDs and of course it doesn't hurt that his great uncle TOM was the bass player, making him very popular in our home.
We headed out to the concert in Glenview at the Kohl's Museum at 4:50 (20 minutes behind schedule which was my fault), all was fine until a dirty phrase came out of my mouth half way there (SOB if you're curious). I realized I forgot the darn stroller. I was so preoccupied with packing for the night (extra outfit, food, snacks, bug spray, etc.) that I forgot the basic #1 thing he would use. I was not going to let this mishap ruin our time, mind you my in-laws were in the car so I had to play cool. Smart as I am, I came up with the best idea, stop at Target and get a cheap umbrella stroller. And so we did just that, well, except for the simple umbrella stroller part, they were all out.
I had to buy a $55 stroller in a box unassembled. All was well until we opened the box and realized we needed some tools to get this puppy together. I shed blood trying to get this stroller together using keys to break things apart. My poor father in law tried to help but I'm sure he was fed up after 5 minutes of helping since he did say "you won't need one" right before I stormed into Target like a bat out of hell. Did I listen to the older wise man? No, of course not, I'm a mom I know what my child needs, right? NOT! We did not need the stroller at all. Why, you ask? We got there right as the sky was getting dark and thunder could be heard. What else could be heard from the parking lot was Ralph, he started his concert EARLY to avoid the rain. We rushed in JUST as the last 4 WORDS were played to the last song. The museum decided to stop the concert due to rain coming any minute. After the stroller fiasco this was the icing on the cake, my poor mother in law looked like she was about to cry.
Since we have connections because of uncle Tom we got to take pics with Ralph and visit. OK, not really, there was a line to see the jolly guy. I could tell Daniel recognized him from the videos because he was staring at him quite a bit, it was that or he wanted to pull his glasses off his face like he does to my mom. Anyway, they ended up moving the concert inside the museum and we enjoyed ourselves. It was so packed a stroller would have been parked the entire time.

Right before we left Daniel decided to give mommy a surprise, a diaper full of poop. Ayyyy caramba!
Saturday, Ryan and I enjoyed a date night by going to dinner and a movie. (Note to self, don't order a combo appetizer for two, it takes the kitchen over 30 minutes to make).
We saw The Hangover and we highly recommend it. Hilarious!
Sunday, was a full day of visiting the DADs in our lives. We had plans to go to Kiddie Land today but all was changed when Daniel got a runny nose and was not acting himself. If anyone is keeping track I have a week left before our family vacation. This child cannot get sick!
Some pics with Ralph, of course not one decent one to choose.
Enjoy a little snippet from the concert.
View this montage created at One True Media
Ralph's World Concert

No comments:

Post a Comment