Monday, February 21, 2011

Planning a party

Not a lot to report from this weekend except that our basement is organized!!! After 3 hours in the basement during D's nap the cob webs are vacuumed, baby clothes organized and stored and the exercise equipment ready to burn some calories off of two people in this house.
It felt great but our lungs paid for it. Both Ry and I are allergic people and hanging out in an unfinished, dusty basement for that long really did a number on us. It was worth it though. It was overdue.
Today I completed the design of D's birthday invitation. I always tell myself they are not that big of a deal and then I start obsessing over them; font, color, wording and before you know it I'm on proof number 5!!!
I mentioned before that this party is CARS themed so I'm having fun looking at decorations and fun things that kids can do. The kids that will be there will range from 5 months to 14 years so making it all work is a challenge but as long as family and friends are there it will all work out. I was so stressed for D's 1st birthday but this year I'm actually enjoying the details and looking forward to a nice day that we'll celebrate our little man turning 3.
This will be his cake if the bakery will make it. Simple and to the point.

My mother in law always asks "what is the theme?" about everything; parties, showers, holidays, room decor, memorials, etc. I think we're going way out with the theme this time!!! Usually I'm not one to do so much theme stuff but this child's love for cars is an obsession, so who's to say his favorite fan can't go a little over board this year?!

P.S. Daniel is feeling better and after visiting the Dr. on Friday and getting a diagnoses of pneumonia, we have kept him home from school all last week. Today he stayed home with daddy. We are hoping Wednesday he goes back to school and this trend of sickness is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment