Thursday, December 16, 2010

Not enough time

Why does it feel like I need a 35 hour day to get things accomplished?!
I have so many errands to run and some gifts to get and my energy level in this cold is pretty low, especially after work.
The biggest thing now that is making me crazy is giving Ry my X-Mas gift list/idea.
This year we decided to have a budget and get each other gifts.
Now that I think about it, we tell each other pretty much what we want and the other person gets it. Why not just get it yourself?
My family was never big into X-Mas gifts. The kids (niece and nephew) got one or two gifts and that was it.
Forget about my stories in Poland as a kid, because you were lucky to get candy that was tied on to the tree. There were no gifts, when you had to stand in line for 2 hours for toilet paper parents could not spend money on toys. We enjoyed putting up the tree on X-Mas Eve and running around with cousins.
We're trying to teach D the meaning of X-Mas but slowly losing the battle since he is the only grandchild on one side and the baby on the other. Telling everyone less is more is not working.
My side usually gets 2 big gifts and that it is. We have a budget for the kids and stick to it.
The Marron side should invest in Toys R Us stock because they pretty have purchased the entire store for D. He will be one overwhelmed child on X-Mas morning so hopefully opening presents from my family on X-Mas Eve will help things. He does need some new toys and maybe we can put things away and take them out so it will be X-Mas until his birthday. :) He will be one happy boy!

Is it weird that I'm thinking of Daniel's 3rd birthday already?
He got screwed last year when we were moving around (although we did celebrate) so this year I'm hopeful we can do something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment