Monday, December 6, 2010

Betty Crocker can bite me

Saturday we went to my mom's to celebrate her 58th birthday. You may remember I mentioned this last week, the only difference is that I thought she was turning 60! I don't know what I was thinking since I know she was born in 1952, where did my math skills go?
I'll tell you where they went, right after I bought a Happy 60th Birthday Balloon for D to give to Bunia, I asked Ryan, "if she was born in 52 and it's 2010 she isn't 60 is she?". NOPE! As Daniel held to the other two balloons, the one with the wrong birthday "popped". Well, Ry took a pen and happened to stab it a few times. It's still on my car floor. No damage done. I can't imagine her reaction to a black balloon with the number 60 on it. Only me!
Once the crisis was neutralized we enjoyed some pizza. D said "happy birthday, eat pizza" the moment he walked in the door. No shame.
My mom always wants a picture with the grand kids.
We got her a new camera since the woman was walking around with FILM in her camera and the camera was the size of her head. 20 minutes of teaching her to use it and she took a few pics. Now to teach her the other 500 functions.
We moved into the dining room for some cheesecake and ice cream.
Daniel always moves into my parents' bedroom to play with their clock. Everyone follows him like ducklings and before you know it everyone is sitting on the bed making him say things.
It was a great time.
Happy Birthday Bunia!!!!
Sunday we attempted to build a snowman but the snow was not sticking. We have 3 carrots, 3 sets of eyes waiting for it. We'll wait for the next snow fall. It was so darn cold and with D's cough still lingering our attempt wasn't that great.
Instead we hit the mall to buy D the rest of his presents for X-Mas. 3 of which daddy opened for him! Yeah! Next year, mall by myself.
D enjoying 2 of his gifts.
Later after enjoying our lit homes
I decided to make some sugar cookies with D. I didn't have a recipe so I bought one.
we pressed the dough into my new X-Mas tin
and watched as they grew and eventually deflated in the oven.
What happened next can only be described as one big nightmare.
I tried to use the icing I bought and sprinkles but nothing was holding. The shape of the cookies came out all weird and my abilities to maneuver the icing bag was just a joke.
D didn't seem to mind
as he devoured 2 cookies and wanted a third!
He confirmed that Grandma makes better cookies.
Yes, but can she make killer spaghetti with meatballs that my boys fight over?! Jury is out.
4 cookies were consumed and 8 were recycled.
You can see how the cookies in the tin have collapsed.
I'll stick to the other 10000 things I know how to do better than bake.
For sale: 1 tin with X-Mas cookie shapes...$.50
Betty Crocker sprinkles: 3 different kind because I had to have the perfect tree, wreath and stocking cookies...$.25
1 bag of cream cheese icing, slightly used....$.15

No comments:

Post a Comment