Monday, December 20, 2010

It is over already?

It was one busy weekend, so busy that I started hating the holidays.
Saturday, we had a play date scheduled at my friend's house, she is still on maternity leave with her second daughter and I miss her terribly at work. 3 more weeks before she comes back.
D and A played well, except when they fought over the doll house. D was a gentleman and kept sneaking in to play when A would abandon it for a few seconds.
When my friend asked if I would rather bake cookies or dip pretzels in chocolate I didn't hesitate to answer.
D and A lost interest quickly. It was a perfect activity where the shapes of the output don't matter as much as our fiasco with cookies.
Daddy helped himself to the pretzels and we'll be adding this to his birthday treat list.
The kids got lollipops as a treat and posed, somewhat, in front of the tree.
They wouldn't stand too close to each other.
After chasing A down for a hug, Daniel was tired. He passed out in the car on our way to the Dr. He had some blood work done to see if his cough was caused by an infection. It wasn't. His red, white cell blood count was perfect. His chest xray also did not show anything.
This only leaves us with thinking his persistent cough is allergies. We have an appointment scheduled to see what he is allergic to.
By the time we got home I couldn't keep my eyes open, D on the other hand had plenty of energy.
At night we went to Ry's aunt's house. D was the youngest but behaved himself. He scored on gifts and we all had a good time. We left with a pajamad, belly filled with milk baby who couldn't wait to get home. I passed out quickly myself, as I was rocking D.
Sunday, started with church, ended with a 3 hour nap for D and mommy exhausted from X-Mas shopping.
This morning D gave the teachers at school their gifts. He was too cute handing out the little bags.
Only 5 days left!!

No comments:

Post a Comment