Monday, October 18, 2010

Phew

Our weekend was eventful, so eventful and tiring that I was close to tears Sunday.
It started on Friday, I was busy with work. D went to daycare for only half a day because he was coughing still. He didn't go all week. Bye bye money that I'll never see again. My mom watched him in the afternoon as I worked. Later on our old sitter came over for a visit. We miss her terribly and D was so glad to see her. She brought us dinner and D a toy that he just loves, a garbage truck. They had a bond with the local garbage men because she would put D in the stroller and walk behind the garbage truck. He enjoyed it. She did as well until we moved to our new home where the truck automatically lifts the cans and dumps the trash. Although it's a time saver it did a number on my sitter's legs. She tried to chase them and keep up but a lot of times she was left in the dust. I didn't get a restraining order in the mail so I guess they didn't mind seeing a crazy Polish lady running with a stroller behind them. Their own personal groupie.
Saturday, we started the day off preparing for a wedding. My cousin got married. Ryan stayed home with D as I made my way to the city for a nice ceremony. I had to leave early to make my hair appt. Of course traffic didn't help and I arrived shaking.
Once home, we began the process of putting ourselves together. D stayed home with papa and rara and had a great time. As did Ry and I getting away, eating a great meal and dancing the night away. It was nice. Desperate to get out.
Not too shabby.
D decided to wake up 4 hours after we went to sleep so it was a rough Sunday. We did some yard work in the front but you wouldn't know we touched a thing by the way it looks. Seriously, trees may be nice but after sucking leaves up for 2 hours straight and having the front look no different 20 minutes later is just wrong. As D napped I went food shopping and ran errands. That's when it hit me. Complete exhaustion. I was near tears towards the evening! It was rough.
We were back in action today as D went to school and did great. Aside from needing a talk about telling the teacher when he needs to go potty and paying attention in circle time and not roaming around, he did good.
Last week he did great with potty time. I think because he was home and under close watch. Here is his progress...
A chart full of stickers every time he went potty. We reward him with two M&Ms and he gets to put a sticker on the chart. We count at the end of the day how many times he went potty. Today it's looking empty. There is still the rest of the week.
Our evening looked something like this:
as I slaved over the stove.
Oh yeah, I can confirm the smoke detectors work in our house as I heard "FIRE, FIRE" from it today as butter dripped from our dinner onto the oven bottom and the house turned gray!
It's a Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment