Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 2 of daycare

I was called lucky today! Lucky because our feisty 2.5 year old did not shed one tear at drop off this morning. We were ready for a full blown tantrum since it didn't happen on his first day. We were blessed with a happy boy walking in with a smile on his face, greeting his teacher and telling us "bye". In other words, "Don't let the door hit you in the as$, mommy and daddy". Ry and I just looked at each and smiled.
I was thinking What does this say about his personality? Will he go with anyone? Shouldn't he be more scared? What does this mean for his teenage years?
I slapped myself into reality as I hurried to work.
We only called twice today, compared to three times yesterday.
Some advice I received at work about this whole situation "stop being a helicopter mom", "they are going to throw him out because of you", "cut the cord already". I have such great support at work but these folks know how much I love my little man and how I always want the best for him, anal or not I'm trying my best.
He did great in school today. This week is fire prevention week and they had a fire drill today.
D got to see a fire truck and firemen today.
In the spirit of the theme he drew an outline of a fire dog, with some help, of course.
Our fridge is beginning to be filled with a collection of art work! We love it! Stainless steel is not in our plans for now! HA!
He only picks at his lunches but makes up for it at dinner. His nap today was longer than Monday so that's progress.
We are so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment