Sunday, October 31, 2010

Overdose of fun

Fun memories were made this weekend. It started Friday when mommy went out with some friends to a concert. Shakira put on a two hour awesome performance. I realized I need to hit the gym after watching her shake her thang.
Aside from looking like a deer in headlights mama had a good time. All of us are mommies and we still knew how to have a good time!
While I was out this is what was going on in my house. My niece babysat for the first time. She did great, with of course a visit or two from my sister who dropped by every 20 minutes. As she told us "I'm not a baby", it still made me feel less nervous that my sister checked in. Of course, cousin Chris couldn't stay away either.
Yes, that playroom was cleaned up before I got home. :) D was not interested in playing "food shopping" with his cousins. He's in the back enjoying his cars. Today, was the big day. It didn't start off well as D woke from his nap cranky and not willing to put on his costume. Eventually, with some M&Ms in his tummy and a new car toy in hand he made it around the hood. He was mostly excited about ringing the doorbells than anything else. Candy? not really his thing but as soon as I said "ring doorbell?" he was all for it. Considering the little guy refused to walk anywhere and plopped his butt in the stroller as soon as his bag was filled, I was happy to entice him with the doorbell ringing.
If you couldn't tell he was a race car driver. Not sure he got it because his favorite movie CARS doesn't really have drivers, he looked adorable anyway.
Daddy assisted with some heavy lifting. I assisted with making sure his ears were covered. It got cold quickly.
His cousins were our first visitors and we met up with them down the street. My niece was too cool to be seen with the family, of course.
Beware if you weren't home because if this child rang your doorbell and you didn't answer and you happened to have chairs in front, this little guy made himself comfortable. He was willing to wait for his reward walking up those driveways.
After almost an hour, mommy, baby and daddy were done.
We made it safely home with a bag full of goodies.
With a high five for a job well done...
the costume was retired for future pretend play.
We dug into some candy. M & Ms of course.
But nothing is better than mommy's home made chicken soup still hot on the oven. Yummy!
Hope you had a great Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment