Sunday, October 24, 2010

Weekend Review

Once again our weekend was full of activities, snotty noses, cleaning, errand running fun. Friday night was my niece's Confirmation. I was her sponsor. Her confirmation name was Elizabeth, just like mine.
Although when I asked her what that Saint did she wasn't quite sure. I at least had 16 years to forget the answer to that. What's her excuse?
Besides asking the candidates tons of questions (my whole family prayed he wouldn't ask my niece anything, she gets total brain freeze when put on the spot) he also enjoyed talking A LOT. 2 hours after the service we had one cranky 2.5 year old. D did so good...but with all treats eaten and sitting away from his mommy he was done. Frankly so were we.
You can see on D's face that he was on his last picture. We headed over to my sister's for some pizza. Thank goodness we live, oh 10 seconds away that D went straight to bed and passed out once we got home.
The next day we had a birthday party to attend for one cute little girl who was turning 1. D started not to feel good, started coughing a ton and I made the call to the Dr. for a visit after the party. Until then, you couldn't tell he was sick besides a few snots hanging down from his nose and me frantically trying to wipe it every 5 minutes.
He had a great time.
He continues to have a secret love affair with pink automobiles.
but he balanced it out with plenty of boy specific toys as well.We enjoyed good pizza and juice.
let's not forget the ice cream cake
Here is the birthday girl! Happy 1st birthday Julia.
Right after the party we picked up daddy and headed over to the Dr. Loaded with antibiotics we came home exhausted.
Sunday, we just relaxed! D took a 4 hour nap!!! I think the medicine started to work and he was just exhausted from lack of napping the previous day and coughing throughout the night. I kept saying "let the boy sleep" as I whipped up a delicious dinner that my men LOVED. (Salmon in a dill sauce with Mediterranean rice).
That's all folks! Life doesn't get more exciting than that. That's the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment