Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tis the Season...

The Marron Clan is ready for fall and all of its beauty...





...including the ugly cold season. We have officially begun the cold season as a family. The three of us were sick all weekend. Daniel has croup again. For Daniel it started Sunday morning, on the day we were supposed to go apple picking. The only apples I saw today were the plastic ones above. We stayed inside mostly, only taking a short walk on Sunday with Daniel. He sounds pretty bad and I have taken out the neubulizer(sp?) and gave him one treatment. If he doesn't get a fever then I will wait to take him to the Dr. on Friday for his 18 month checkup but as we all know that never works out that way and I end up taking him to the Dr. at least 3 times before he gets an ear infection. In the meantime, we are all getting plenty of fluids, medicine, and surviving by moaning and groaning a lot.
And it's only September! This will be a long "season of giving" GERMS.

My family went apple picking today with strict orders to bring US apples. About an hour ago I received a call from my mom laughing and telling me their apple picking trip has started much the same as our blueberry picking trip. They arrived at the apple orchard and were told "You don't get to pick apples here you get to buy them at $2.50 a lbs". Guess who was on line looking up the closest "real" apple orchards? Did I mention this was all my brother in law's fault, AGAIN? Hopefully, the new destination, only 15 miles away, brings me the fall fruit I'm dreaming about.

Daniel and daddy were cuddling a lot this morning, mommy of course had to make breakfast and get everyone their medicine.
"I want MY mommy". It's days like this that remind me of how good it was to live at home where my mom made me tea and peeled me apples. Aaaaahhh, the good old days.

The only thing that perked this little guy up was watching "Yo Gabba Gabba", the most annoying show on Noggin EVER but he loves it.

Let's hope we get past this quickly and won't have any more colds. I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment