Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The BIG 30!

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm officially 30 years old!

I still can't believe it and the number just doesn't roll off my tongue either! I may just forget how old I am when asked from now on.

I took the day off of work, as I usually do every year. I think everyone should.
I woke up to my boys wishing me a happy birthday, the best! My mother in law was watching Daniel yesterday and she made me breakfast in bed with fresh pastries and fruit from Panera. Aren't I lucky? I got gifts and more gifts, it was great. I started off my day with a facial at my favorite salon, Asha. It was heaven. I continued my day with shopping, that actually for me is less enjoyable. I wish I had a personal dresser/shopper because I really don't enjoy shopping that much. I came home exhausted and enjoyed wine and dinner with my hubby.

Today at work I walked in to see my desk decorated, a spread of food and birthday wishes. I work with some fantastic ladies who have become very good friends. In the afternoon we had our team meeting at which my co-workers surprised me with a "party" instead of a meeting. They put up a power point up on the screen and it seemed like it was going to be a meeting and on slide 4 it said "Happy Birthday Yolanda", I was very surprised. All of a sudden they brought in a bunch of food and we had great chocolate cake and other great food.

It was a great year and decade and I hope my 30s are as exciting as my 20s.
Here I am in the morning at the office ready to enjoy a traditional birthday bagel!
Bagels that my boss brings for everyone's birthday, cupcakes and cake, that's just in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment