Sunday, August 16, 2009

Little Duck

NO IDEA what went wrong with the spacing.

This weekend was typical for the Marron Clan, BUSY. Saturday Daniel had speech and then we spent some time together as daddy went to see District 9. A man needs some time to himself and his aliens, especially when he brought me a beautiful bouquet of roses afterwards. I mean really, how good was this movie?!
Speech went well, Daniel is teething so his attention span wasn't all too great. One thing that the therapist noticed is that it takes a lot of effort for Daniel to make sounds. It seems like he doesn't know what to do with his breathing when he tries to speak. We'll be working on that with some whistle exercises. He is making many new noises and facial expressions including trying to blow bubbles. It may not sound like much but to me it's progress. He's also attempting to jump, it's really cute. He bends his knees and then tries to jump. I'll have to get it on video.
Here he is lovin his Elmo ride on. After speech I put Daniel's sandals on to go outside and noticed that his shoes were way too small on him! I have no idea when that happened. I dragged him to Target in hopes of getting a $3 pair of sandals for the rest of the summer, no cigar. I did find him some cute gym shoes. The thing is he has wide feet and these are not wide but if I have to spend $50 at Stride Rite vs. $14.99 at Target what's a little discomfort.
Reward for his suffering. Sunday, we went to Cosley zoo with my friend and her family. It is a small zoo that is FREE (which I love).The kids enjoyed themselves. Daniel had an incident with some duck food. My girlfriend's son handed him some food to feed the ducks and Daniel helped himself to some of it. It was so quick there was no time to take it away. After some digging in his mouth we recovered the pebbles. By this time he was very upset, thank God I had some cheerios to occupy him for a little while.
Out of all the animals he saw I would have to say the pigs were his favorite.
Here are some photos from our visit.














A fun day!
Right as we were leaving for our car it started to POUR. Our drive home was nerve wrecking. D slept all the way home and then slept another 2 hours at home. Maybe something in the duck food, I should invest in pounds of it. I took a well deserved nap as well. After that we went to Toys R us to get D some new toys. We bought stacking cups and a shake and go car. This car is a batman mobile that you shake and then put on the ground to go. NEAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment