Friday, July 24, 2009

Speechless

It's very seldom that I am speechless about a topic. You bring up cooking and I'll give you some great recipes, pooping issues with kids? I can give you some advice based on books I have read or research I have done, money problems? I can whip out a budget plan with a spreadsheet in a second, but what leaves me absolutely speechless is my realization of how much pain some face in this world, specifically parents with sick kids. I see it more now than ever since I have become a mom and I feel such sadness and anger at the same time.
I sit at my computer reading Kate McRae's site http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate and have tears flowing. She is a beautiful little girl that not too long ago enjoyed everything that a child should enjoy at such a young age. She has been diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor and has begun chemo therapy last night. Her parents have been seen on you tube asking everyone to pray. If you go to http://www.youtube.com/ and type in Kate McRae you will see a video of her parents in Part I and a video of Kate in Part 2. Many bloggers have posted links to her site and have asked for prayers on behalf of Kate's parents. Please pray for her and her family as Kate starts this long journey.
I have been reading her site for just a few days and it already has taught me to be more patient with Daniel, including the bad nights I wrote about yesterday. Those of us with healthy kids have so much to be thankful for and sometimes we forget how lucky we are to have kids that run around, make a mess, break things and don't take good naps. These simple everyday trials are what many dream about.

Keep ALL kids that are sick and their families in your prayers and ask that they may find peace and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment