Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No work Tuesday!

Since my mother in law is on vacation in exciting Branson, Missouri I decided to take the day off and spend the day with D.
We started the day with going to Tot Rock, I wasn't impressed. I think the teacher thinks the kids are 2 because it was waaaayyy too structured than any 14, 15, or 16 month old can handle for 45 minutes. The theme of the class was bugs! Bless her heart she tried for these toddlers to get "it" but having them imagine that feathers are like the canopy of trees in a rain forest may be pushing it. How did D do? Well after he was done hiding behind the chair and bolting for the door about half a dozen times he did ok. I figured if I thought it was dumb he definitely thought it was a waste of his time.
We then went to the library, where we attended a Beach party. Daniel started to fall asleep so I had to get out of there to make his hair cut appointment.
Yes, my baby has a new haircut. He did well again. This time it is shorter than last time. I took pics with our pathetic disposable camera and I need to run and get it developed and post pics. I'll have to do a blog of only pics to make up for this.
We came home, had a snack, and Daniel had a poop explosion. It was BAD. It was all over me, him and his cute outfit. I carried him naked to the bathroom to put him directly under the faucet. After that he took a 3 hour nap. I enjoyed reading a book and eating a delicious sandwich.
When he woke up we went to the park. He has started to enjoy the swing again. He liked it when he was little and then he hated it. Hopefully the love will continue. We came home, had dinner and then went to visit my friend Kathy, in hopes of me borrowing a dress that I could wear to 2 weddings I have coming up. No cigar! Now, I'm on a search for a dress!
It was nice to spend the day with my buttercup. The day went so quickly that I felt I didn't get a chance to teach him anything or read much. Oh well, there is only so much you can fit into a day. Daniel also turned 16 months today. My big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment