Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend

Whenever I sit down to write a post about the weekend I have to take myself back to Friday and then slowly try to remember what in the world we did.
Well, Friday D started his level Red swimming class. He missed last week since he was sick. He did very well. They are focusing on breathing and holding their breath under water.
The three of us treated ourselves to Culvers ice cream afterwards. They are awesome, you can add 2 ingredients to the ice cream. There are about 15 choices. We sat in the car and inhaled them. Then we headed to Walgreens to load up on drugs for Ry who had a fever and was feeling crummy.
Saturday, D had Polish school and I raced around like a nut; deli, haircut and then to pick up D. By the time we got home from school Ry was looking pretty bad.
He was a trooper and took a shower so we could go see Disney on Ice but 30 minutes before leaving I knew I couldn't make him go  and he didn't mind not going either. I recruited Daniel's best friend. 15 minutes later, I, 8 months preggo and 2, 4 year old boys who squeal like girls, were on our way to see the show.
One problem....what major arena doesn't except debit cards for parking? I had to turn around, find an ATM and then head back. It was the longest 10 minutes EVER, all I heard from the back seat is, "where are we going, is the show over, why are all these cars here, are we going to see Captain Hook?" Did I mention I heard this both in Polish and English? Thank God Daniel was not a twin!
Anyway, we made it in but not before the boys noticed every single Disney paraphernalia known to man being sold. My only response to get us through the grueling 5 minute walk was "Yes boys we'll look at it all during intermission". Both English and Polish answers seemed to have worked on them.
We sat down and I could finally relax. Of course every few minutes there was the "where is my backpack? can I have a snack? can I have popcorn? who is that? how did they do that? when in Captain Hook coming back? is it over? I don't know those guys". One intermission and a 10 minute wait in line to go to the bathroom later we were back in our seats to enjoy the rest of the show. The boys did good but I'm glad there will be a 4 year difference in age between my sons because I saw tantrums with siblings that day that made my eyes roll in the back of my head.



 Sunday, with daddy feeling crummy we decided 5 days of a fever was enough and a trip to the care clinic followed.
45 minutes, a diagnosis of a respiratory infection and a prescription for a 5 day Z pack later we were on our way home. D was picked up by his grandparents to head out to Santa's Village for the last time of the season.
He received a camera from them and here are some things I found on it. Thanks grandma and grandpa, going through my own gazillion pictures doesn't keep me busy enough. :)

 





Chillin' in the semi truck at Santa's Village





He came home exhausted just like his grandparents. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for allowing my daddy to sleep and rest and my mommy to continue to scratch things off of her to do list since she is nesting.
When Ryan woke up Saturday night with a fever of 102.9, I panicked and was up from 4-5am going through baby stuff. Why? I imagined myself with the flu in the hospital while my baby had nothing to come home in and felt like the second child the moment he was born. Yes, hormones can do crazy things.
Ok...my to-do list awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment