Thursday, September 6, 2012

A hot mess of thoughts and happenings

Thank you for all the compliments on the kitchen. We still love it.
I made our first dinner Monday, spaghetti. I felt like I was on a cooking show, using ingredients that before were hidden in the back of our disgusting pantry. Now all my spices are in a cool spice drawer and I got all crazy and used spices that probably shouldn't have been used in spaghetti. Daniel has been running around the island like a nut. We are back to having dinner at a table and not on TV trays. Getting information out of Daniel about his days at school during dinner..., well that hasn't changed. He is tight lipped, a new kitchen didn't change that.
I think all that cooking has been making my heartburn worse though so I need to chill with the spices. Just sayin'.

The last 3 mornings I have set my alarm clock so I can get a walk in before everyone wakes up. I have listenend to that alarm clock twice and once I pounded it and covered my head with a blanket. I love morning walks. The air is crisp, it's just me and the sound of my shoes hitting the pavement, my belly leads the way. That last five minutes is tough, I may look like a lady going into labor because I start to make faces and rub my round belly and slow my pace but I feel great afterwards. I'm less tired all day, I love walking into the house when D is ready for breakfast and Ry is getting ready and my day officially begins. It's too bad I didn't make this routine when the freaking sun wasn't rising at 6:45am.

In other earth shattering news, D started his AM preschool today. This is our church preschool. He is super excited to go back. I think the hot, blond teacher may have something to do with it.
He will go there 3 times a week for 3 hours. 3 times a week for 3 hours with a 2 hour break before he goes to his PM preschool. He gets speech at his PM school. The speech therapist emailed me and said he has made such a huge improvement over the summer so he's off to a good start. I'm sure if she heard his smart mouth talking back to me she would have him in honors speech.

My calendar is filling up. Yesterday I spent most of my evening filling out paperwork for 2 schools and adding 'important dates' to the calendar. I have 3 calendars. Our calendar on the fridge (I gave up and attached that sucker to our stainless steal fridge and ruined the seamless look I posted the other day. I'm a mom and it just works), then my Outlook calendar and then my hardcover purse calendar. You should see my confusion when one calendar doesn't match the other two, it's a disaster. I need to find a way to consolidate better but I refuse to be squinting at my phone calendar. I haven't made that leap yet.
Where was I? My brain is just a mess today.
Ok, I think this post is long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment