Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend

Well with a Dr. appt on Friday for Daniel we had a 5 day ZPak prescription for him and his upper respiratory infection. Just like daddy last weekend. With his asthma it's hard to get rid of a cough after a cold. He's doing better.
We skipped the PM preschool and relaxed with a nebulizer. With daddy out of town it was just us two. Saturday, while D was in Polish school I ran around, bought mums for the front of the house and went food shopping. Before I knew it, it was time to pick him up. We had lunch and then it was time for D's haircut. I figure he'll be good until the holidays and his hair will grow out before the pictures with the baby. We watched The Muppets movie. Daniel's favorite part..."when Ms. Piggy falls on the little guy". I enjoyed This Means War when D went to sleep, I also enjoyed the entire bed to myself.
I tried to get the baby's room ready a bit but I had a little intruder everywhere I moved.

Daniel practicing winking
Sunday, we enjoyed a trip to Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us. The first 20 minutes were great with Daniel in the cart. The last hour and a half was filled with tears about wanting a pirate ship (which was almost identical to the one he has) but you know the packaging fools kids into thinking it's totally different. As a girl I remember wanting a Barbie doll because the background of the box pictured a castle and some other barbies on it having a grand ol' time, only when I ripped the Barbie out of the box I had... well...only a Barbie and the background was garbage. A little snooze in the car did him some good as we pulled up to the library. He had a great time with a friend from school there and just kept saying "I just need $40 for Bucky (name of ship)" he is collecting money for good behavior, although he would be in the negative with that escapade. I'm trying to make him understand that you can't have everything that you want but according to him "Yes, I can mommy, I need it ALL" not sure the lesson hit home this weekend. I'm sure we'll get plenty of practice. We enjoyed a quick trip to the park and some cuddles in bed watching rented movies.
I'm trying to take it easy with a bad ankle, according to the orthopedic Dr. this morning it's my ligaments acting up during my pregnancy. I got a nice sexy brace for it and was sent home to "relax". Yeah OK buddy. I'll get the maid and pool boy right on that to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment