Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A little late

I've wanted to post our weekend update but I was so exhausted from the weekend and mad about the verdict yesterday that tonight I finally found 10 minutes to do it.
We had a fabulous weekend filled with fun and new memories.
We started off the weekend with a long bike ride around our little city. We have an antique car show every Saturday, we watched as D looked at all the cars but found it disappointing he couldn't sit in one.
We cruised to parks and later had some ice cream when he demanded "we go to Oberweis mommy". He had fun teaching us the chess pieces that grandpa taught him. It was nice to ride back to our house in the dark with other bikes that had lights on them as our guide along with thousands of lighting bugs. We love our bikes and enjoy our cruises and the exercise.
We prepared for the Monday bbq with shopping and some cleaning but daddy and D enjoyed another bike ride as mommy enjoyed a peaceful shopping trip to the grocery store.
were
We pulled out D's little pool from last year and we saw how much smaller his slide and pool were compared to him. {Sniff}. He even calls it his "baby slide". So many changes in him.
We are eating outside more and enjoying our back yard.
D slept over my mom's house so Ry went to pick him up on Monday morning while I went to pick up some food I ordered for our family get together.
The weather was wonderful as was the company. I always tell Ry it's so important for us to invite family and welcome everyone that comes over because that's the only way Daniel will know to do it for us when we're old. :) A hidden agenda? Maybe but hey it's all good. It also helps my sister lives on the same street as us. Have I mentioned how much I love that?! I do, once again maybe it will open the doors to us living on the same street as D one day, OK maybe a few streets down.
We all talked, ate, laughed, played games and felt patriotic by letting off some firecrackers.
When the last left over was put away and the kitchen semi cleaned up we watched Toy Story 3. I did make it off the couch to go on an evening walk with my sister and niece. I may have burned off a cookie or two.
We are thankful to have such an amazing family and that we live in a country where we can enjoy freedom, good food and build memories to share with future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment