Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Catching a breath

Last week and this week has been crazy busy at work for me. There is nothing like trying to shove millions of projects in right before fiscal year end. I have been working late at home and through lunch on many occasions, all of that equals one cranky mama.


Adding to my crankiness is a cranky son at exactly 6:00pm, dinner time.

He has been defiant with everything, including going potty. My patience has been tested on numerous occasions.

I actually walked to my sister's house today and wanted to sell him for $5. Instead, I vented and he showed off his I'm in charge moods to prove my point. I got no sympathy from two parents with teens at home.

We got home and he had to go to bed with only one book read instead of his usual 3. I think I got my point across when I heard "I be good boy mommy, I sorry". The kid knows how to get to me but I stood firm and said "yes, you are so tomorrow you'll get 3 books if you are a good boy and go potty". I swear this potty thing is the toughest stage I've gone through with him. I know, the moms with teens would strongly disagree.

On a more grown up note. Ry and I got to enjoy some adult time at a wedding on Saturday. We danced, ate and talked. We realized that we were old when on Monday night we were still feeling the effects of going to bed at 1:30am.

That used to be only 2 hours into an evening at one point in our lives, now the soft feeling of my sheets at 1:30am is a dream.

Here we are, still a Hot couple. :)



I'm off to bed now. I actually prepared dinner at 10pm tonight so we would have something healthy tomorrow for dinner.Hopefully, a certain 3 year old will appreciate a home cooked meal. One can only wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment