Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend recap

It's a jungle out there, literally, at our house it is.
We've had an issue with animals going through our garbage. I notice sandwich bags flying around our grass, containers under our bushes, I finally looked and noticed our garbage bin had a huge crack in it. Animals have been trying to get into it but the best they could do was rip stuff out of the opening.
Scene 1: Pepe le Pew
The night before garbage day I try to get rid of all the garbage in the house before pick up in the morning. I had two bags in my hand as I casually walked into the dark evening to empty them into the bins at the end of the driveway. I heard a shuffle, I smelled something...I ran like my life depended on it (with both bags in hand). I yelled "there is a skunk out there and I almost got sprayed". The two men of the house ran downstairs, breaking from their excitement of playing together to stare out the window.
The conversation went something like this:
35 year old: "Give me $100 and I'll go out there to throw it out, dare me?"
3.5 year old: "Is the skunk going to ring our doorbell mommy?"
32 year difference in age, not much in imagination. HA!
We spotted the stinky bastard a minute later coming out of hiding. BLAH!!
The garbage waited in the garage till the next morning. My hubby NOT $100 richer and D disappointed that the skunk didn't ring the doorbell and come in for some tea.
Here are the two men watching out the scene unfold (I think the little things are photo worthy):

Scene 2: Ace Ventura pet detective
On Saturday after church I decided to drop off some pizza at my sister's, 2 houses down. As I pulled out of the garage I noticed the recycle bin was blown down by the heavy winds we've had. I went and stood it upright. I heard a noise inside the bin and felt movement. I ran into the car and drove off, looking at the bins shake and the lid lift up and then down.
After the pizza drop off, I pulled up and saw a tail sticking out from under the lid. Something was trying to get out. I clicked on the garage door opener for the door to open then I was afraid whatever was in the can would run out and come into the garage. I frantically started clicking on the garage door to close, it was stuck. I didn't move up or down. My heart started beating faster, I clicked on the button again and it came down. Whatever was in the bin calmed down and stopped moving. I opened the garage, pulled in and quickly closed it. I ran in and once again screamed "we got a problem". Ry was in the middle of reading to D but I had his full attention when I said "there is something stuck in the recycle bin and it's trying to get out". Daniel said "mommy is it the skunk again?". I couldn't confirm or deny because by the looks of the tail I saw it could have been anything. My hubby didn't ask for money this time but decided he needed to kick the bin down to let is loose, it was either that or let the animal die in there and then we would really have a problem.
D and I were in the window watching daddy. He approached the bin slowly, questioning me in the window if I truly saw anything. I replied "I think I know if a lid is moving up and down and furry tail is sticking out". I was holding D, dressed in his blue Cars 2 pajamas with his blue eyes wide open he said "Is the big animal going to come inside our house?". "No peanut, it's just a little animal", I said but I thought I really can't show my fear that this animal might attack your father and gauge his eyes out, he's really our hero. With a quick kick to the bin, it fell over and we saw a possum come out and run like hell across our neighbors lawn. Ry ran like hell just like the possum in the opposite direction, towards our front door.
That was our excitement of our weekend. Sorry you just lost 10 minutes of your life reading that.
It was a good family weekend. I played robot attacks D's new car. I have tried to be better about playing pretend with him because it's hard to pull away from house work, but house work will never go away and these times when he actually says "mommy come play with me" won't last forever.
We are looking forward to a wonderful busy holiday week. Daniel is super excited. Every morning he asks "is it Christmas yet?". I have to remind him that we first eat turkey. Then he says "Christmas is coming soon". Our plan is to put up our tree on Friday. It's so much more fun this year, we are so excited to be making memories with him. We are going to have a visitor come this week to keep an eye on things before X-Mas. That's for another post.
Later gator

No comments:

Post a Comment