Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend post

Daniel was home for 4 straight days, Thursday was teacher/parent conference, Friday veterans day and then the weekend. He needed school today, really, he did and I did.
On Friday our long awaited purchase arrived on a FedEx truck. I have been looking for now 4 years for this perfect item. I had a vision of it in my head and I googled my heart out year after year to no avail, UNTIL this year. I typed the words into google and this year it didn't take long for me to find the PERFECT Advent Calendar. It looked just as I had imagined, subtle colors, heirloom quality, a true meaning of X-Mas message and a way to build excitement for Jesus's birthday. It was pure perfection. I was worried it would arrive and look different, as I ripped the box open then the box inside the box, I gasped and Daniel said "mommy watcha got there?". I pulled it out and it was just how I imagined. D got excited, mostly because I put the bubble wrap on the floor to distract him while I uncovered the item from under pounds of paper.
He has major skills in jumping.
I won't hold you in suspense any more...
Each day, starting December 1st, you open the door to reveal a piece that will be placed in the nativity scene. December 24th completes the set with baby Jesus.
Isn't it amazing?!!!!!
Here is how it looks complete.



The rest of the weekend I had to keep D away from the calendar because he loves opening ALL the doors. A child just doesn't understand December 1st too well.
Aside from running errands, cooking, cleaning spending time together and going to church the rest of the weekend, we really didn't do much.
Oh yeah, today, I had to take a vacation day because I chose to ignore the message on my computer flashing daily for the past 2 weeks that said You must change your password. As I tried to log on this morning and got the blue screen of death it took a total of 5 seconds to convince me it was God's way of telling me I needed to take the day off. I met a friend for coffee after dropping D off at school, cooked chili, got an outrageous estimate for window blinds, put away laundry, organized bills, ran to a couple of stores to look for cheaper window treatment alternatives, came home ate lunch at 2 and then it was time to pick up my little man. The surprised look on his face when he saw me after school melted my heart. I don't get to pick him up so it was sweet to see that face light up. The best part of my day.
Alright now, it's late, there is chili waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment