Thursday, August 16, 2012

Progress

Since my last post on the kitchen demo we have made some progress.
The window is out. The door has not yet arrived.

Drywall is up and behind it is nice insulation to keep us warmer and our plates and glasses too.
Electrical wiring is done.
Patching is complete. Ceiling is painted.

Tile floor is down (for the most part).

I picked up extra paint yesterday (no new colors, thank goodness).
So far the progress has been good. Once the tile is set the cabinets will start going up. Right now all the cabinets are in the garage.
Some of you have asked about the individual pieces I chose for the kitchen. I would link to the individual items that I chose such as tile, backsplash, lighting... but they just don't look the same on websites as in real life. I will take pictures of them individually once it's all done and link to where I got them. I have a fear of someone thinking it's ugly but in the end I hope it will look better pulled together, know what I mean?
We have a good team of guys working on the house and that has helped a ton. They communicate well and set our expectations. Most importantly they show up on time everyday. I have heard horror stories of contractors demoing a kitchen and then not showing up for a week or two and you're stuck waiting. So far, we have been lucky.
We hope for a completion date of a couple more weeks. We'll see.
Have a good weekend. We have some fun things planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment