Monday, August 6, 2012

Destruction

This weekend was the big push to pack up our entire kitchen for the demo to begin on Monday.
I packed, Ry hauled boxes into the basement and D, well he just got in the way. We all survived and managed to meet my friend Laura and her cute family for lunch on Sunday. We enjoyed our quick visit, it was so quick that we didn't even take a picture. We did enjoy some down time at the mall after our delicious meal at Cheesecake Factory. 
 On Monday morning this began...
View from the top of our stairs into kitchen/living area.
View from front door. There was a wall right where those electrical wires are, the wall was blocking our entire view. Now the light just beams in and I LOVE IT. The hope is that as I'm cooking I will be able to watch my two little beans playing and keep an eye on things. I picture entertaining guests by our new island and having many family nights playing games together.
 It's exciting and frightening at the same time. So far no major hiccups, but it is the first day.
Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment