Thursday, August 9, 2012

Livin' La Vida Loca

It's been crazy around here, I hear hammers banging in my head at night. I actually wanted to go back to work after being in my office on Monday while the demo took place.
We've been handling it well. Although it has only been 3 days. HA!
We have a new place for eating breakfast and dinner together. It works great, prayers are still being said as we share our daily happenings and try to force information out of Daniel about his day. I forsee quiet teenage years with him with lots of "I don't remember" and "I don't know" comments. (Sigh). This is our morning and evening spot to eat. The dinner trays were ruined when my mom and I painted doors on them 2 years ago. They still work.
Check out D's glasses!!! He only needs to wear them 4 hours a day. He looks super cute. I need to take a better picture of him in them.
Floor tile and backslpash have been picked and ordered. Granite, well that was picked but now I'm second guessing it and we're going to look at another warehouse in hopes that the slab we like is better elsewhere. Who knew the same stone could look so drastically different from slab to slab.
I bought the first 1/2 dozen donuts for the workers in hopes of buying their sympathy if something goes wrong. We've been lucky and have had no major surprises. We hope it stays that way.
Dust is everywhere but so is our hope that we will have a new kitchen that overlooks our two littles playing come Christmas. Thankfully it's supposed to cool off so we can open the windows and air this place out. I bought Daniel an air purifier for his room. He started coughing the day of the demo and of course my guilt is at its peak.
So, that's that. I'll take pictures of the progresss (not much to see now) besides new electrical outlets and more clutter that has filled the living room. D loves taking a flashlight and shining into all the holes and saying "hmmmm what's this hole for?"
So, here's to another 4 more weeks of "FUN".

No comments:

Post a Comment