Friday, November 30, 2012

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

insert Star Wars theme song here. That's the sound that has been blaring in my home for the past month.
Daniel is officially a fan! A die hard fan. This is a dream come true for daddy and possibly my worst nightmare.
They run around the house with their lego ships , pieces flying everywhere, singing the theme song or making up their own tragedies. It's super cute. So far this monthly obsession has turned into a Christmas list that has a theme. All Star Wars. Star Wars pajams, legos, tooth brush, toys, shirts, etc. Thank God the supplies are limitless at the stores. We are trying to tone it down with buying too much but it's hard, well hard for the grandparents.
May the force be with us.
Daniel's yearly obsessions of the past:
Year one: Anything that spins
Year two: School buses
Year three: Cars
Year four: Trains
Year five: Star Wars
He lines them up every night.

Numerous books on Star Wars are everywhere. We have cleaned our the local library and school library.

Thousands of little pieces of legos that daddy spent hours on putting together and continues to fix them nightly as the pieces are left behind in every room.

The droids that go everywhere in his pocket, backpacks or his hands. I have to tear them out of his hands when he falls asleep.

Writing a letter to Santa.

First item on the list, R2D2. 2 more items made the list after this picture...Star Wars of course
I'm waiting when Ry will get sick of this phase, he assures me that he never will. I'm glad because there is a month old baby boy in the other room that looks very interested in all this. At least the investment will go through 2 kids.
This years ornament of choice for Daniel when we visited Hallmark?
Why, Star Wars of course. Ryan has been collecting them since we met and I started him on this craze. I worked at Hallmark for 3 years, something rubbed off on me other than the scented candles that I had to deal with while I worked there.
Some of his ornaments in the past.

So, yes a house full of boys was bound to result in a Star Wars love affair. Perhaps one year we'll dress up for Halloween as a family, but don't ask me to wear "the pricess Leia outfit", that ship has sailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment