Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A little cookin'

I have been into cooking lately, mostly trying new recipes that I pick up at our local grocery store. I was tired of cooking the same old thing so I've been exploring.
Ry has enjoyed all new dishes so far and a popular comment has been heard when he gets home "look at you babe, cooking and stuff, alright now". Should I take that as "thank the Lord you have ventured out beyond chicken soup and spaghetti because I was ready to leave you" or "I have enjoyed everything you have ever cooked, but a couple of new things are OK too"???

So far, I have made the following new things:

1. Jambalaya (review: both boys loved it)

2. Hoppin' scallops (review: not too good, the black eyed peas were not a hit, Daniel ate Mac n Cheese instead. Ry and I picked the scallops out)

3. Salmon stuffed with crab cakes (review: loved it)
4. Chicken breasts with Monterrey jack cheese, slice of tomato and herbs (review: loved it)

I have a little helper in the kitchen most evenings (when there are no left overs or frozen pizza). He keeps me moving by shouting "Eat mommy" or "Come Play", both leave me dropping things on the floor as I try to hurry up.
I happily oblige to play time as well.
Our new picture in our bedroom is a keeper. The one in the bathroom, still not sure.
Is the weekend here yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment