Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend

The above picture sums up our weekend. It was our ride from the pediatrician's office on Saturday morning. Both boys passed out as I pulled up to fill D's antibiotic prescription for another sinus infection.
UGHGHGHGH!
The 3 of us have been battling a cold since last week. I swear, this winter is the worst, D brings all the germs from school and we suffer as he runs around the house with snots, happy as can be. Since we were feeling under the weather we did nothing.
We watched some football today, when I say some, I watched the first 7 minutes and knew it was gonna be ugly. I went shopping while Ry endured the game as D napped. When I got home it was the last 3 minutes and although it looked promising for a total of 20 seconds, the Bears just bombed.
We're Cubs fans so this is really no big deal.
We have so many projects to complete at our house that it's overwhelming but we got a couple things done this weekend.
I found a picture for our bathroom and our bedroom today. I always find good decor stuff when I'm not looking for anything. I'll post some pictures soon.
We started organizing our basement on Saturday. It doesn't seem like we made a dent at all, to top it off the dust left me congested and cranky. We have a few boxes for donation and a few bags of garbage. It felt good to get it started but we have a long way to go.
I envision a few years from now our basement with dry wall, an awesome laundry room (you know the kind that has a picture that says "laundry" and a cute rug in front of the washer and dryer) and even a reading chair because if I want to get away I'll go down there and pretend I'm busy doing laundry and just sit there. I love the sound of a running washer and dryer so I know it would be relaxing. Right now it's just gross down there but one day Ry will have his sports stuff all hung up on one side of the basement and I will have my chair and crafty area on the other side. A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment