Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back to the grind and to-do list

It's back to the grind tomorrow. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things.

A few projects that need to happen sooner rather than later:

1. Reorganize our closets and make a trip to the container store for inspiration. (Half of this is done, I made the trip and got some things to make Ryan's closet more organized. Mine is next and that requires more creativity as I have an attic entrance in my closet!)
2. Baseboards need to be touched up in the remaining 3 rooms. (Anyone that is putting up new baseboards, it's pointless to paint them before installation. I learned the hard way).
3. Our bed needs to be fixed as someone (most likely me) threw out the piece of wood that the slats for our mattress rest on. Our mattress is on the actual floor now with the bed frame around it. Hey 3 moves, cut me some slack.
4. Closets (entryway, family room) need some help as well with organizing.
5. The closet doors themselves need to be secured.

Why is the theme of this list about closets?!

I went over for some tea to my sister's house and saw her gorgeous new blinds, which reminded me we need those as well.
Once all the expenses started to add up, our vacation started slipping away.
The longer I stayed over there the more the list of things we needed grew. By the time I left I wished I had a drink instead of tea!
We may settle on taking off a week over the summer and plan to do something fun each day, while saving some money and buying a shed or Daniel's play set for the back yard. The choices!

2011 is off to a busy start.

No comments:

Post a Comment